Answered By: Sophie Firby Last Updated: Jul 12, 2016 Views: 994
Answered By: Sophie Firby
Last Updated: Jul 12, 2016 Views: 994
A request places your name on a wait list for an item not currently available (i.e., already checked out) or available at another branch. When the item is ready for pick-up, it is called a ‘hold’.
How do holds/requests work?
- You can have your requested item delivered to the branch of your choice.
- There is no charge for this service.
- You will be notified when your item is ready for pick-up by phone or by email (see Notifications for more detailed information on notices).
- Materials are delivered as quickly as possible, but we cannot guarantee a specific arrival date or time
- Some library materials cannot be requested – including Express items, magazines, and reference books - see our Membership Guide / Guide destiné aux membres for details.
- You can place up to 50 requests at any given time.
- Once you are notified that a book is available to pick up, you have 9 days (including days that the library is closed, but not including statutory holidays) to pick it up. Please note that holds are kept for 7 days if you select a Smartlocker as the pick-up location.
- A fee is charged for requested items not picked up - see our Membership Guide / Guide destiné aux membres for details.
- You can see your requests, and your holds ready for pick-up, by logging in to My Account online.