Answered By: Sophie Firby Last Updated: Dec 28, 2017 Views: 1588
Fines are charged if items are:
- returned after the due date
- lost or damaged
- returned with pieces missing
When your items are overdue, you will be sent overdue notices either by email or by phone, depending on the notification preferences you have indicated in your Library account.
- The first overdue notice is sent when an item is 7 - 10 days overdue (for 3 week loan items) or 2 - 3 days overdue (for 7 day loan items).
- A second notice is sent 14 days later if the items are still not returned.
- The third is a billing notice and is sent when the overdue balance is $25 or more.
If an item is still not returned after 30 days overdue, it changes to Lost status, and the full replacement cost of the item is charged to the borrower.
Library accounts may then be sent to a collection agency if the account is not dealt with.