Answered By: Sophie Firby Last Updated: Nov 05, 2015 Views: 1108
Digital holds (holds on eBooks or eAudiobooks) can be placed on items from our library's OverDrive collection. These books can be found in both our main library catalogue (https://winca.ent.sirsidynix.net) and in the OverDrive catalogue (http://winnipeg.lib.overdrive.com).
If placing holds through the OverDrive page, you can set your holds to checkout manually or checkout automatically. You can also choose (at the point of checkout) whether you'll want a downloadable or streaming version of the book.
Because of these options, you can only retrieve a digital hold from the OverDrive catalogue page, regardless of where the hold was first placed.
- If you have selected auto-checkout:
- your held item can be retrieved by going to OverDrive > Account > Bookshelf.
- If you did not select auto-checkout, or if you placed your hold through the library's main catalogue page:
- you will need to manually checkout your item before it can be downloaded.
- To do this, you will need to go OverDrive > Account > Holds and select "Borrow" next to the item that you'll find waiting there.
- Once the item has been manually added to your account, you will find the download link on the Bookshelf page.
Related FAQ Entries
Ask Your Question By Email
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask Us!
Contact Winnipeg Public Library: