Answered By: Arryn S. Last Updated: Dec 11, 2018 Views: 409
To suspend a hold from the online catalogue:
1. Log in to your account using your library card and PIN number.
2. Under My Account select the Holds tab.
3. Click the checkbox next to the book(s) you wish to suspend.
4. Click the Suspend Hold(s) button. You will be prompted to select the date you wish to suspend the hold until.
Once you've selected the date, click Suspend.
To suspend a eBook hold in Overdrive:
1. Log in to your OverDrive account using your library barcode number (no spaces) and PIN.
2. Go to Account, then Holds on the left hand side.
3. Click the Options button beside the title you wish to suspend.
4. Select Suspend Hold, and select the length of time you wish to suspend the hold for.
5. Click Submit.
You can also call your local branch and they will suspend your hold for you.
Related FAQ Entries
- I have a hold on a newer title, and I'm not sure if I will get it before Christmas 2018, when I usually go out of town. I know the earliest date that I will be out of town, but I do not know the earliest date I may be back - only the latest. If I suspend the hold as close to the date that I leave the town until the latest that I'm back in town, will my position in the holding queue drop down? It looks like with at least 15 days before I leave the city, that being 9th in the queue, I may get my hold before I leave, but at the same time it's also possible that I may not. If I postpone my hold say the day before I leave the city, until I know that I'm back into the city, where will I end up in the queue? Is it almost in my best interest to forgo my position, cancel my hold, and then place another hold, knowing that with nearly 60 holds on 18 copies, I will likely not get a copy until I'm back in the city?
Ask Your Question By Email
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask Us!