Answered By: Sophie Firby Last Updated: Jul 28, 2017 Views: 190
If you have booked a computer in advance, follow these instructions. You are also free to walk up to any computer that says it is free and log in using these instructions.
- Enter your 14-digit library barcode number and four-digit PIN number in the space provided
- A box will appear with a number of software options, including Internet and Microsoft Office software
- Click on your choice to launch the program
- Once you have clicked, the selected program will open in a window
- If you want to use both a Microsoft Office program and the Internet:
- Start by selecting one option, then minimize your window and then select your second option
- Toggle back and forth by maximizing or minimizing your windows
- If there is no activity on your computer for more than five minutes, you will be logged out, and all files that were saved to the workstation will be lost (see How do I open or save my files?)
- If you need to leave your workstation, lock your session in stand-by mode, which will save it for 10 minutes
- One two-hour (120 minutes) extension per day can be requested. Extensions are at staff's discretion.
- If you finish your session early, you will need to log out
Related FAQ Entries
Ask Your Question By Email
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask Us!
Contact Winnipeg Public Library: