Answered By: Reegan B. Last Updated: May 16, 2017 Views: 909
Here are the ways that you can access PressReader using your Library membership:
1. At the library on a catalogue search station without a library card
- Please speak to staff at any service desk for help in accessing PressReader on our search stations.
2. At the library on an Internet computer with a library card
- Log in to the public computer using your library barcode (without spaces) and PIN.
- Visit the Databases page on the WPL website - http://guides.wpl.winnipeg.ca/az.php.
- Scroll down to the "P" section or click on this link - http://guides.wpl.winnipeg.ca/az.php?a=p.
- Click on PressReader to launch the service.
3. On your own computer or mobile device
- Connect to the Internet using WPG-Wifi (if at the library), your own service provider's Internet/data connection, or any other public WiFi.
- Connect to PressReader through the WPL website. Enter your library barcode number (without spaces) and PIN (the last 4 digits of your phone number).
- You will be taken to the PressReader website. Close the HotSpot pop-up window that confirms that you've connected to PressReader through WPL and tells you the number of hours of PressReader access that you have remaining.
- If you are reconnecting to the site to "recharge" your Library HotSpot access so you can continue downloading content in your PressReader app, you will also need to check that you are signed in to your PressReader Account before leaving the website. This step is important to do, as your PressReader connection will not transfer to the app if you don't do it.