Answered By: Reegan B. Last Updated: Jan 09, 2017 Views: 797
1. Install the App:
1a. Connect to the Internet on your device.
2. Visit PressReader on the WPL website.
Click the link above or use the following path to navigate to PressReader:
- From the Library home page, click on Databases
- Scroll down to the "P" section
- Click on PressReader to launch the service.
3. (Optional) Create a PressReader shortcut on your device's home screen.
Every time you connect to PressReader through WPL you get 2 days of access. After the 2 days of access time are up you will need to reconnect. Adding the shortcut to your home screen will make reconnecting easier.
Before entering your login information on this page, use the options in your browser's settings to send the page to your device home screen:
4. Log in online with your library card to gain or "re-charge" your PressReader access:
4a. Sign in to PressReader with your library barcode number (no spaces) and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone number).
4b. You will be taken to the Winnipeg Public Library PressReader HotSpot page that tells you the number of hours of PressReader access that you have remaining. Close the HotSpot window.
4c. Sign in to your PressReader account before leaving the website. This step is important to do, otherwise your PressReader connection will not transfer to the app. If you do not have a PressReader account, create a free one by following these steps.
5. Open and Sign in to the PressReader App:
5a. Return to the home screen of your device and open the PressReader app.
5b. Sign in to the PressReader app using the same sign in information that you used on the website.
You will now have 2 days (48 hours) of reading and downloading access in PressReader.