Answered By: Sophie Firby Last Updated: Jun 01, 2016 Views: 730
As of June 1st, 2016, the monthly checkout limit for hoopla digital has been reduced from 10 per user to 5 per user.
We understand that this will be a disappointing change for some users, but it was necessary due to overwhelming demand on the hoopla product.
Our thanks for your understanding on this issue.
Related FAQ Entries
- Man, this is a bummer! My kids will chew through five audiobooks in a week.
- I wish they'd raise the limit back to 10. I can listen to an entire book at work and I usually return it when it's done. I love having Hoopla and want to continue using it. I just hope the limit is raised back to 10. Thank you.
- I thought that 10 titles per month was restrictive. 5 titles seems almost ridiculous!
- What exactly is the reason for the lowered limits? I understand only allowing a few books to be checked out to one person at a time, but once they are returned, why limit how many more times we can borrow?
- The reason for the checkout limit is that the library pays for each title borrowed on hoopla on a per-use basis (instead of paying full price for a title at the outset, we pay a smaller amount each time it's checked out). Due to the increasing popularity of the hoopla service, we needed to put the checkout limit in place or risk not being able to pay for the service anymore. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are working on alternate solutions to help mitigate the loss.
- I'm only allowed two items per month for some reason. Very disappointing!
- I also hope that the number of loans will be increased. It's hard for me and my kids to both make use of it. Picture books are so short that 5 books a month is very limiting. We love all the services the library provides and hope that something can be done to allow greater access to hoopla.
- I agree that having alimit for number of checked out items at one time but strongly disagree with the number in a month. I like to lisson to books 2 when doing thing and did a few videos in less then 1 week and now I am locked out for a month. 1 movie, an single educational video and a mini tv series (2). All videos returned when I was finished watching and in 4 days I reached the limit and can not checkout anything for a full month. This limit makes this app worthless! If you do audio books and read without doing any videos 1 a week you will do more then the limit this app has.