Answered By: Sophie Firby Last Updated: Nov 16, 2015 Views: 51
Answered By: Sophie Firby
Last Updated: Nov 16, 2015 Views: 51
When using Library computers, you are free to bring in files and open them for editing, or create new files and save them. Here are the options and limitations:
- You can open files from or save files to:
- USB drives (also known as thumb drives or flash drives)
- web-based email accounts
- Some branches also have portable 3.5 inch disk drives for use (limited availability; ask at the information desk if they are available in your location)
- Files cannot be saved to or opened from a CD.
- Files created using Word Perfect cannot be opened, unless they have been saved as an RTF or TXT file.
- If you need to attach a file that you have created to an email message in a web-based email account, save the file to the folder on the computer called "Word." You must provide your own email account.
- Any files save to the computer's temporary "Word" folder will be deleted after you log out.
Related FAQ Entries
Ask Your Question By Email
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask Us!
Contact Winnipeg Public Library: