Answered By: Sophie Firby Last Updated: Feb 08, 2017 Views: 380
We welcome your suggestions for purchasing library materials. If the material you would like to borrow is not listed in our online catalogue, you can submit a suggestion for purchase, either through our online form or by filling out the printable form and returning it to any Winnipeg Public Library branch.
Please take note of the following items before submitting your suggestions:
- The Library receives hundreds of suggestions for purchase each month. Each one is carefully considered and decisions are made in the context of our Materials Selection Policy and available funding. We are not able to purchase all suggestions or reply to you about them, but we are working on a new process.
- Before filling out the Suggestion for Purchase form, please ensure that you have checked our online catalogue to find out if the Library already has the item. Try a variety of searches and be careful of spelling.
- The Library automatically purchases current titles from bestselling authors, and many movies and music CDs. Check the catalogue frequently to place your requests for these titles.
- Please do not suggest titles that are not yet published or not available for purchase.
- Generally, we do not purchase specialized, academic and older titles. These may be requested through InterLibrary Loan at any Winnipeg Public Library branch.
- We ask that you submit no more than five suggestions per month and submit a title once only.
Related FAQ Entries
Ask Your Question By Email
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask Us!
Contact Winnipeg Public Library: